Mark Lawrenson Backs Mohamed Salah To Win Ballon d’Or

Liverpool great Mark Lawrenson believes Mohamed Salah has a good chance of ending Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo’s dominance for the Ballon d’Or. Either Messi or Ronaldo have won one of the last 10 accolades but Lawro suggests this trend could end, should Mohamed Salah guide Liverpool to Champions League success.

Speaking to the Liverpool Echo, he said: “It will be very difficult not to give him the Ballon d'Or' if he delivers the much-coveted trophy for the Reds. I've not seen anything like it. I think about all those top players who have come from abroad and had a brilliant first season in the Premier League - the likes of Ruud van Nistelrooy and Fernando Torres. Salah has been better than all of them. Liverpool knew they had signed a good player last summer but not in their wildest dreams would they have imagined he would contribute this much.”

Pep Linked with a Move for Mbappe

Manchester City had the most devastating attack in the Premier League last term and managed to put away a record-breaking 106 goals over the course of the campaign. Their closest rivals in the goalscoring ranks, Liverpool, only scored 84, highlighting just how supreme Pep Guardiola’s scoring sensations are. Even so, the elite manager has been linked with a move for Kylian Mbappe this summer. If this signing came to fruition, City could finally have the credentials to go all the way in the Champions League.

Mbappe has spent the last season plying his trade for Paris Saint-Germain, where he became an integral part of the side which stormed to yet another Ligue 1 title. The French giants signed the youngster from Monaco on loan for the 2017-18 season but want to make the transfer permanent after the tricky forward impressed at the Parc des Princes. However, the fee for the man who scored 13 goals and assisted eight in 24 appearances is reportedly around £167 million.

Gary Neville Backs Antonio Conte To Leave Chelsea During The Summer

Manchester United legend Gary Neville believes Antonio Conte won’t remain in-charge at Stamford Bridge next season. The Italian’s future at Chelsea has come under question through the season, and the 3-1 home defeat to Tottenham Hotspur on Sunday is likely to have ended his chances of staying put at the west London club.

Speaking on his very own podcast on Sky Sports, Neville said:"I don't think he's going to be here next season. We've thought it for six or seven months. And that's not because we don't want him here, or we don't think he's done a great job, it's just the nature of the job here. It ends up becoming a bit messy, press conferences become the boardroom versus manager, it's happened here many, many times. In terms of the outcome, you can't complain about what they've done here. But the managers who come here know they've got a short period of time."

Ashley Young Believes Luke Shaw Can Transform Into One Of The World’s Best Left-Backs

Manchester United ace Ashley Young has spoken positively about the future of Luke Shaw, who has come up for criticism from manager Jose Mourinho of late. The 22-year-old failed to obey tactical instructions during the first-half of the FA Cup outing against Brighton & Hove Albion last weekend, and this did not please the manager, who highlighted his poor positioning on the field.

Since then, speculation has intensified over Luke Shaw’s future at the club, and they have been reports suggesting that he could move on from Old Trafford during the summer.

Cesc Fabregas believes Lionel Messi would be the best player in the Premier League

Chelsea midfielder Cesc Fabregas has said that Lionel Messi would be considered the best player in the Premier League, if he ever considers a move to the English top-flight. The Spain international is close friends with the Barcelona superstar since their time together in the La Masia academy, and he is relishing the challenge on store in midweek.


In an exclusive with Goal.com, Fabregas said: "Without a doubt, he would still be the best [player in England]. We all want to live it from inside. These games require less talking and to focus on playing and giving all we have. Of course [it means a lot to play Barcelona]. To me, and to all players in the world, including the ones who were born there."

Matteo Darmian not for sale in January - Agent

Matteo Darmian's agent Tullio Tinti has confirmed that the full-back won't be parting ways with Manchester United during the winter transfer window. The 28-year-old has been restricted to just seven starts this campaign, and this has led to speculation of him pursuing a move back to the Serie A.

In a report covered by Rete Sport, Tinti revealed that there is indeed transfer interest from the Italian top-flight, but his client is likely to stay put at Old Trafford for the season at the least. He added that the Giallorossi are not among the clubs interested in the versatile full-back despite being linked on several occasions since the summer, he said: "I haven’t had any calls from Roma for the player. There has been contact with other Serie A teams, but not with the Giallorossi. For the moment the lad isn’t for sale."

Pages